• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:17 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - A time to heal

Started by tomcat, Jan 06, 2017, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: i'll tey and add my three courtsey dice to the mix. I'll have a post up today. I'm gonna roll now and narrate how it falls.

Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Rolled 3d6 : 1, 4, 5, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

The Halfling stepped forward knelt and nodded his head. Looking up at the King he spoke.

"Hail King of Leaf and Bough, Steward of the Folk of Greenwood the Great. I thank you for the courtesy of your hall. The lives of Men are short and so too are their memories. Please excuse any breach of my friends. For you who's court goes back to other ages of the world we must appear to be but the flicker of moths by your nighttime fires. We hope that our presence here is not vexing to you lord, and though our acquaintance be short as Elves reckon it we hope that our company will shine like a star falling, brief but enjoyable while it lasts. I have come from over the mountains, from a place called the Shire. I am Bradobras Bracegirdle and I thank you for the opportunity to have seen the the Halls of the Elves and heard the songs as they were once sung by those who recall the deeds. The south has troubles lord, but so do all lands. My friends and I seek only a means to repay you for your aid, for though we can not repay the Wind Lord for our rescue, we may instead do you honor for our sanctuary." 

The Hobbit stood.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'll also have a crack at it.  I'm rolling Courtesy - Arbogast can't get a read on Thranduil, but it seems the most appropriate course, given that he's already extended his hospitality to us. 

Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

"Greetings to you, king of the Green Wood.  Ancient and majestic are your realm and your people, and long may both endure."

Arbogast bows in the manner he has seen Bandy do.  "I am the Fire-watcher of Black Tarn Hall, and I am likewise at your service."

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Ah ok, thanks.  Telling of the issues with Viglund are personal to him and his people and would be continuing in the trust and confidence he would be showing Thranduil.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

A smile appears on Thranduil's face and he stands up from his seat, slowly taking the steps down to the floor of his hall.

"You are the second of your folk that I have met personally, Master Bandobras, though we have watched halflings from afar - those that lived along the banks of the Anduin. Resourceful little people, full of wit, humor, and heart. I have found also that you have a mind for settling disputes."

"Er, well, some of us, my Lord. I am sure you might find within the Shire a Took, or two, that would make you wonder at how they survived."

Again a smile from the King. "Well met and welcome to my Hall, Master Hobbit."

Arbogast next spoke and Thranduil paced before his dais, listening to the Fire-watcher's words. "Grimbeorn says that your lands sickens? Is there a blight upon the wood? Some new threat from the south?"

"We know not, your Majesty, only that the River-maidens no longer protect the Tarn."

"The River-maidens? T'is long since I have thought of them, longer still since I have spoken to them."

"Radagast has said that the eldest sister, Duskwater, has disappeared." It was the voice of Gandalf. The wizard had yet to say a word, but his graveled voice seemed to break the more musical sound of the Elves.

Thranduil nodded. He addressed the Company, "Tell me more of your lands. News from far off is better when it comes from those who live it firsthand, instead of when it's carried over the wind. Lady Esgalwen, please tell me of Gondor and the threats of Mordor."

:ooc: Okay, Introductions are done. (I am going to assume that Rorin will keep out of this dialogue? If I am wrong, Steve, you will need to make your Introduction roll and now an Interaction.)

Now all those that spoke in Introduction MUST make an Interaction roll using the guidelines above. Narrative and dialogue always makes the scene better.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Going to roll Esgalwen's Interaction roll now - I will give narrative in a bit. She will use Persuade

TN 16 Persuade 3d
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 2, 5, total 12

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Interaction
Tn 16 Insight
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 1, total 6

Text to follow
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Jan 21, 2017, 05:02 PM #68 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2017, 05:05 PM by Telcontar
Bandy thought about his failed attempt at summoning the Folk Moot and spoke quickly and without thinking.

"The rumor in the south is that once more the gates of Dol Guldor are shut. All the lords of the land seem content to ignore it and shut themselves up in their halls."

Bandy stopped quickly realizing that the King may think that the comment was directed at him.  Too late did he consider his words for they had been heard by many in the hall and once spoken could not be recalled.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
 :00:
Insight -  1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 6, 3, total 12

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn listened to the elf-king, Gandalf, and the others in an attempt to understand what else is going on here other than the typical strained conversation one has when dealing with the Wood-elves.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Bandy could sense the king's displeasure at his comment - in fact the whole of the Company could see the Elf's jawline tense. Esgalwen rallied herself and quickly added to the interaction.

"Yes - the gates of Dol Guldur are shut. We have allies in south Mirkwood - Woodmen who reside upon Tyrant's Hill - and they speak of the return of fear to the forest. Mogdred, son of Ingomer, leads these people and though some worry about his true intent, he has provided good information. We understand, too, that his people harry the orcs and spiders that haunt their realm." She breathed, "So as my small friend has said, Lords across Mirkwood and the Anduin Vale are sequestered behind their doors in counsel. The same is true even in the far south. In Minas Tirith, I held counsel with Echtelion II, son of Turgon...who would now be Steward of Gondor..."

Esgalwen's thoughts drifted momentarily back to her own country far away and the changes that would be taking place there. A change in rule was always a tumultuous thing, but to have it occur after the sudden reappearance of Sauron in Mordor? Echtelion's rule would certainly have started with bad harbingers and rumors cast about the city, let alone the country.

Her eyes suddenly refocused and she felt Thranduil's upon her, "Forgive me, Lord Thranduil, but certainly all must make counsel. First among their own, but so, too, among friends."

Thranduil stared a moment and then nodded and the Company felt a relief as the king resumed a calm composure. "Go on about your counsel with Echtelion. I would know his mind, at least as far as you have had the chance to learn."

Esgalwen then went about speaking of her meeting with her new Steward - the man who had sent her back north with intent for her to speak for him. Twenty minutes passed as the chamber listened and learned of Gondor far away. When she was done, Esgalwen could see that Thranduil was not pleased with her news, but pleased to know what was happening in the lands of the Dúnedain.

:ooc: Encounter status

Failures:
• 1 Esgalwen (Intro)
• 1 Bandy (Inter)

Successess:
• 1 Grimbeorn (Intro)
• 1 Bandy (Intro)
• 1 Arbogast (Intro)
• 1 Esgalwen (Inter)
• 1 Grimbeorn (Inter)

Telcontar

:ooc: i am going to wait and see how Abrogasts mandatory interaction goes before I try anything else.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

"My lord," says Arbogast as silence descends upon the hall, "news from the Woodmen is indeed as my small friend says.  My own home has lost the blessing of the River-Maidens, it is true.  Elsewhere, spiders have begun to cross the Dusky River, and it is said that a great wolf troubles the southern forest.  You have it from the son of Beorn himself that war troubles his people's northern lands, and in the south, we hear that great Gondor is pressed as well." 

He pauses for a moment, gathering his thoughts before continuing.  "Long have I thought upon these matters, and I cannot but consider that these troubles are all part of a greater stratagem on the part of our common Enemy.  I have no doubt that your people find themselves increasingly beset by dark things, and that the same is true in Dale, or Erebor.  The Dark Lord has returned, yes, but he is not yet ready to strike, else great armies already would be on the march.  Instead, he gathers his strength, bides his time, and sews discord among the Free Peoples. For he is strongest when we are divided and mistrustful of each other." 

"The Battle of the Five Armies showed Middle-Earth what we can accomplish together, but it is now many years gone, and the grumblings and dark thoughts of the years before are returning.  I believe that the enemy means to ensure that the prudent course of any hall is to regard its own nearby concerns as sufficient unto their means, and that the goings-on in far away places are scant concern of theirs.  In this manner, the paths between friends' homes may fill with weeds and woe such that, when help is truly needed, there is no hope of giving it." 

He falters, suddenly unsure of his own mind.  "Lord, we hear from those who see more than most that dark things go abroad in the forest.  Shades, they have been named.  One, we are told, has assumed the seat of Dol Guldur, while the other two gather the allegiance of fell things.  I know not what manner of fell spirit these may be, but it is plain to me that they are the instruments by which the Shadow makes manifest his dark devising.  Perhaps you, or some among your court, may tell us more?" 

:ooc: Sorry for the wait.  Let's see how well a Persuade roll goes over...

:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 4, 5, total 14

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Also, Grimbeorn's success should count as two - Matt rolled pretty damn well! 

Character sheet