• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 07:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Spiders, spiders, everywhere - round 5

Started by tomcat, Jul 20, 2016, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: No, you can keep the roll as it originally appeared. I think the scene needs this kind of a dramatic outcome. I am assuming from your post that it was a great success with only one :%:? Let me know if there were more.

Just change your post above to build off my narrative, but obviously keep the part where Bandy takes up his bow and fires.  ;)

The Great Spider has a TN 17 at Rearward but your :g: is an auto success for bow damage plus damage rating, or 9/36 END loss - PLUS - a Piercing wound TN 14!

Great Spider Protection test
TN 14 armour 3d
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 5, 1, total 12

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jul 21, 2016, 07:14 AM #16 Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016, 07:23 AM by tomcat
It hurt her!

Her mass quivered with pain as the small arrow from Bandy's bow struck her cleanly and penetrated near through her hide. She was old - not near as old as her grandmothers - but she had had many moons to molt and thicken her terrible flesh. Still, the small thing has stung her.

Even as the pain subsided, she was moving. The trees swayed from her weight and branches cracked and leaves rustled. Her brood was still strong enough to gather the other prey. She would go collect these others!

The Company watched in horror as the nightmare climbed nimbly down out of the tall trees, despite her huge size. Her forward claws reared up revealing fangs that dripped with death, while her other legs propelled her forward at an inconceivable rate. Idunn drew up her spear to receive the charge, while Esgalwen and Rorin moved to assist. Behind them, Arbogast and Grimbeorn were still waylaid by the attercops.

:ooc: I need Grimbeorn and Idunn's actions and then I will do the spiders.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn heard the call of Arbrogast and then saw the great spider lurking beyond.  Before he could dispatch this last spawn, it rushed into the fray.  The Beorning howled in a rage none had seen before.  Recognized this beast from years past as he had defended the lands of his people for it was her spawn there that attacked his village and killed his mother.  With one last swat, Grimbeorn attacks the last spider in his way and moves to engage the great beast.

:ooc:
Axe -
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 4d6 : 1, 3, 3, 4, total 11

Stats: 7/10/18
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: excellent! That's  a kill.

Posterboy

The Shieldmaiden of Black Tarn waited as the giant spider made it's way down to the field of battle. Though she felt dwarfed by the wretched creature's size, Bandy's arrow buried deep into it's hide gave the woman hope. Boldly, she set herself before the advancing spider; grim was her voice as she called out her adversary, "Your days have been numbered and are coming to an end. Flee, or die here like your spawn."

Sindjarfr growled a little and began to pace around the giant beast, looking for an opening.

:ooc: So, Idunn's hound is Harassing the Spider, which causes the Spider to be weary.

Idunn is attacking the Spider with her spear... here's hoping!  [<

Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 6, 3, total 15

Posterboy

:ooc: Well that makes me feel good about me.  ;D  The 9 on the feat dice causes a 9+15 beats the TN; the feat die 9 causes a piercing blow (TN 18), plus it was an extraordinary success (double 6's)... yay! Die, spider, die!!!

Eclecticon

:ooc: That'll be a tough wound to avoid, even with three armour dice!

This feels like the introduction of a new character into a TV show, where they spend their first episode establishing that they're just as awesome as the older characters, thank you very much.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Fantastic attack!

She takes damage of 15 END or 24/36; and must make the TN 18 Protection test:

TN 18 armour 3d
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 3, 2, total 10

tomcat

:ooc: That is a kill!  ;D

I will be starting a new thread tonight after I return from Taekwondo.

Eclecticon

Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet