• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 05:55 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Mountain Hall

Started by tomcat, Feb 17, 2016, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disench4nted

Rorin was sure to dry and clean his beard of the debris it had picked up during the fight with the trolls and he stood up straight behind the halfling. He heard Arbogast whisper his warning and he grunted in agreement, hoping that this wouldn't have any undesired effects on his mission.

:ooc:

I like it, Bandy as spokesperson and Esgalwen as his second.

tomcat

:ooc: The question now - is Tom out in the field doing some Army Captain stuff?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

The Hobbit stepped forward and cleared his throat. First he bowed low to the men and next he spoke,
"Hartfast of Mountain Hall, we have come from Rhosgobel at the request of the Brown Wizard and the folk of Sunstead. We would have bussiness with you, but first we are very tired from our journey and Grimbeorn son of Beorn was wounded whilst we met upon the road and then slew three trolls."

Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 5, 3, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Also one among your folk is set to marry the sister of my companion Arbogast. So for reasons of our own as well as being asked by the learned and mighty of the land we have come to Mountain Hall. The like of which I have not before seen. So like the environment from which it springs, the folk and hall, steadfast and strong as the mountains.

Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 3, 4, total 9
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Beranald the faithful has shared his board with us and has been a most gracious host. He agreed readily to take us to his Lord, and as you have guessed we were all present at the Folk Moot and have spent much time among the woodmen of the Anduin vales. Strange it is for us to meet you here, underground. Instead we expected to meet you in your hall above. Would it be better for us to call upon you at another hour in order to discuss the matters that have brought us here?"

Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 3d6 : 2, 4, 4, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: Y'see - that's why we gave him the job. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Feb 25, 2016, 09:39 AM #51 Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016, 10:32 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey Tom, I only need one Courtesy roll from Bandy which would have been TN 16 (due to him being a Hobbit), but will keep the other two rolls for Song tests during the Interaction, as Song is your only skill that matches the ranks rolled.

Test Success thresholds:

0-2Hartfast has no time
3-5Hartfast offers food and shelter for a few nights, plus will supply the provided materials at cost plus 25%
6-8Hartfast offers food and shelter for a few weeks, plus will supply the provided materials at cost
9+...Hartfast offers food and shelter for a few months, plus will supply the provided materials at cost minus 25%

Interaction Tests can be - Insight, Inspire, Persuade, Riddle, or Song (and Battle for Dwarves, if they speak about how to defend and fortify the mines).

TN 14 for set each test and I would love some narrative/dialogue as to how you use the skill on a success.

The Tolerance is 5, so that is the maximum failures. If failed, Hartfast will allow you to stay long enough to rest a few hours and then send you on your way.

SO, at this point we have:

PC| Skill| Success| Fail
BandyCourtesy (Intro)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Hartfast was visually bothered when Bandy stood before the group to introduce himself and his companions, the man looking away to the wall where his own folk stood and nodding curtly. It did not break the Hobbit's demeanor and Bandy continued with his greeting and the highlights of their journey to Mountain Hall. Slowly, Hartfast began to change his bearing and he turned to look at the small Hobbit.

"Trolls, you say? Three trolls slain?" his voice becoming animated with delight.

Esgalwen introduces:
TN 16 courtesy ♦♦○○○○
:00: 1d12+3 : 5 + 3, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

She includes a Hope, if necessary. If the dice roll is not needing the extra points, I will not subtract from her pool. Nor will I subtract it if the roll was an utter failure and the Hope point would have made no difference.

tomcat

Feb 25, 2016, 10:06 AM #53 Last Edit: Oct 23, 2016, 04:05 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Awesome, a great success!

Encounter Status:

PC| Skill| Success| Fail
BandyCourtesy (Intro)
EsgalwenCourtesy (Intro)
BandySong (Inter)
BandySong (Inter)
TOTAL

"Oh, yes, Master Hartfast! And Bandy here slew one himself - maybe two! No finer bowman will you find." Esgalwen stepped up beside her diminutive companion, "Master Hartfast, I am Esgalwen, daughter of Eradan, and I am come from Ithilien, the eastern lands of Gondor. I come on behalf of this company, Radagast the Brown, but also for my Lord, the heir to the Stewardship of Gondor, Ecthelion II. He has appointed me the honoured position of ambassador to the Anduin Vale and I speak for him.

"Know this - friendship of Gondor I bring to the great Woodmen of the vale, be they within the forest to the east, or on the foothills of the Misty Mountains. To aid us will show you as the wise ruler you are, but too will it secure you with the knowledge that if times ever need, Gondor will stand beside you for your deeds."

"Gondor is far away," replied an uncertain Hartfast.

"Aye, it is far and I am but one warrior-ranger from that land, but you know, as does everyone here, that long has Gondor honoured its allegiances to a man - or woman - and it will never falter in that. Yes, we are far away and if need came to you we it would take time to rally forth, but rally forth we shall. The Woodmen would have the might of Gondor."

Between Bandy's courteous pleasantries and the Gondorian courtier, all of the Mountain Hall-men now looked upon the company and all were intrigued. "You both speak well for your people and your friends," said Hartfast - a smile cracking across his face.

:ooc: I am gonna let anyone else chime in with an introduction if they want, otherwise it will just be Bandy and Esgalwen that may talk.

Tests for the interaction are now at TN 14 due to the successful Introductions

Bandy needs to give me narrative/dialogue for his TWO song successes during the interaction. Understand, the posts you guys make will need to orient themselves to your purpose for being here - which is to procure the raw materials for Rorin to make Ceawin's helm gift.

GandalfOfBorg

With the other introductions made, Grimbeorn interrupts to speak for himself.  "Master Hartfast, I am Grimbeorn.  By name, I'm sure you know of my father and whom I represent.  I appreciate the hospitality that you and your folk have given myself and companions.  Along with the other business of our company, if you wish to discuss further relations regarding our road, as my father's emissary I am willing to listen."

:ooc:
 :00:
Insight -  1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 4, 3, total 12

Will use one of the Interaction dice as necessary.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: :&  Well isn't that a kick in the balls.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 25, 2016, 03:08 PM:ooc: :&  Well isn't that a kick in the balls.
:ooc: Can he have a re-roll since he was rolling for Insight (which isn't an introduction skill) instead of Awe (which definitely is?)

Character sheet

Eclecticon

"And I am the Fire-Watcher of Black Tarn Hall," Arbogast says, with a sidelong glance at Bandy, "likewise a troll-slayer and soon to be kin to Theodwin of this House."

:ooc: I keep forgetting that I can use Riddle to introduce myself. 
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Feb 25, 2016, 03:30 PM #58 Last Edit: Feb 25, 2016, 03:57 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Bleah.  I don't think it's quite worth a Hope point, though. 

EDIT: I like to think that, with all the voices suddenly echoing around a small space, Hartfast just didn't hear him properly and doesn't have the patience to get everyone's introductions again.  This may also apply to Grimbeorn. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: Big folk, always mucking about.....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear