• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 03:49 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Into Dol Guldur

Started by Telcontar, Oct 07, 2015, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

:ooc: I'd suggest Bandy make 1 search roll, and Esgalwen and Orophin each attempt 2. If we fail one, Esgalwen can attempt another. If we fail more than that and need to start eating shadow points, I'd suggest Bandy easts it only because his search skill is awesome. If the test is for something other than search, than I'd re-examine... if possible, Esgalwen as she has so few temp shadow points at the moment.

Your guys thoughts?

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 09, 2015, 06:03 PM:ooc: Bandy will not be able to spend Hope points while they are in there.

:ooc: Neither can Orophin - in fact he rolled an Eye on that second Fear roll, Tom. Not sure if there is anything you wanted to do with that.

Quote from: Posterboy on Oct 09, 2015, 09:03 PM:ooc: I'd suggest Bandy make 1 search roll, and Esgalwen and Orophin each attempt 2. If we fail one, Esgalwen can attempt another. If we fail more than that and need to start eating shadow points, I'd suggest Bandy easts it only because his search skill is awesome. If the test is for something other than search, than I'd re-examine... if possible, Esgalwen as she has so few temp shadow points at the moment.

Your guys thoughts?

As I have backed out of this part of story-telling and have become Orophin's proxy player, I agree with your thoughts. Don't forget Arbogast in your equation, though. I have not read the section on inside Dol Guldur, so I will not be able to cheat.

The Elf has a Valour of 2 and currently has a Shadow of 4 against a Hope of 8...so, we can definitely count on him for his two skill rolls and a few more at need, but we can't push him too far. If we do, I see him becoming lost in his mind and memories...maybe end up staying in Dol Guldur, haunting it and wishing for better days.  >:D

Anyway, Orophin is only 1 rank in Search and Explore...so, this might be some serious tests to achieve since he can't spend Hope.

Here goes my two attempts:

TN 14 search ♦○○○○○
:00: test 1 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

:00: test 2 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: A freaking :~~: !!  :'(

Can this get any worse for this guy? The other test, of course, failed too!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Are we only allowed Search rolls, or can we use Explore to make the tests?

Posterboy

:ooc: I'm going to roll the Search tests. I read over the two skills, Search does seem more appropriate for the task. I'm going to attempt 3 of them... my max for valour.

Test #1 (TN = 14)
Search skill die 1d6 : 6, total 6

Feat die 1d6 : 6, total 6

Test #2 (TN = 14)
Search skill die 1d6 : 3, total 3

Feat die 1d6 : 2, total 2

Test #3 (TN = 14)
Search skill die 1d6 : 3, total 3

Feat die 1d6 : 3, total 3

Posterboy

:ooc: Oops... I rolled d6s for my feat dice... I'll reroll those three:

feat die #1 1d12 : 5, total 5

feat die #2 1d12 : 9, total 9

feat die #3 1d12 : 2, total 2

Posterboy

Oct 10, 2015, 08:26 AM #36 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2015, 08:34 AM by Posterboy
 :ooc: I'll spend 2 hope points to make 2 of them successful.

:csu: I've updated Esgalwen's sheet to reflect the use f 2 Hope points and her AP gain in Perception group

Eclecticon

:ooc: Arbogast has no Search skill worth mentioning, but he is cunning, and I haven't used that trait before.  Can we say he gets a flash of inspiration about where treacherous orc-types would have hidden something valuable? 

I'll keep another roll in reserve for now, in case we need to do some interpreting. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: arbogast; I'll keep cunning in mind if some of the other rolls come up, but not for searching.
Orophin, the first Eye was outside the keep, I think we can resolve that with a corruption roll. The secondd Eye Inside the Keep I will work into the upcoming narrative.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

The current count is 2/5. Would anyone like to push their luck or use any more consquence free rolls.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: doug, have Orophin make a Fear TN16 test for the second  :~~:  roll.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Here are the Corruption and Fear rolls:

TN 14 wisdom ♦♦
:00: Corruption: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

TN 16 valour ♦♦
:00: Fear: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Orophin staved off that point of Shadow, but he is going to have some ill-effects from the fear roll inside the keep.

If he is able to function afterwards, Orophin will try another two Search rolls to attempt to close the gap on the scene requirements.

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 10, 2015, 12:50 PM:ooc: arbogast; I'll keep cunning in mind if some of the other rolls come up, but not for searching.
How about 'patient' then?  Can that be used for a methodical search?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet