• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:20 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

hmmm chicken from a compost bin.....still kinda sounds like Henry....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Doug,
 Just so you know I am a little gun shy on using the LORE skill. As you can see on my character sheet it is noted with 'eye'. As a High Elf Morriruse may not decrease his shadow score like the other characters and instead must mark his skills to do this. Any skill such marked that rolls a  :~~: outside of an elf haven autofails and I believe I gain a point of shadow.

The way I was going to narratively figure this is that the elves seldom travel because in their realms they don't feel the quick flow of time like they do outside of them. Leaving their sanctuaries means they are pulled faster to the call to depart into the west.

Also, his sword has BANE of Spiders. The rules are ambiguous on what that actually means and its up to the players. Examples I would be non mechanical things like, it glows when spiders are near, it more easily cuts webs. Some type of benefit that is not tied to a mechanic like more damage or lower edge rating. Ant thoughts on that?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

A weapon has Qualities that are tied to the bane - described in Rivendell.

Because it is an Elven work, the qualities are auto against all creatures - bane or not.

So, the most I will say is that the sword cuts through webs easier and will cause spiders to potentially retreat instead of facing the weapon.

Cool regarding your Lore skill. That is a cool function that I had not yet read about for High Elves, seeing as we have yet to have any in game.

Ignore my Lore roll in the previous thread.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Yeah, i was working it into the narrative by him not dwelling to closely on the past or quickly changing his thoughts. One because it would lead to dark deeds the other because he knows being away from home it will hasten the fading of his body to dig to deep inot lore or crafting. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Sorry guys, Morirúsë is dickish, but the character is writting himself and whatever his tale is it wants to unfold.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

No worries - I'm enjoying having him about, talking down to us mere mortals. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Sep 06, 2017, 11:23 AM #816 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017, 11:36 AM by Telcontar
And all the Hobbit children gathered around and clamored. Tell us the story of Morirúsë and the Werewolf, and of Grimbeorn the Grumpy, and Arbogast the Woodwise!

But the loremaster said, "but a moment, I have another project."

And all the children grew sad for there were no cakes, and no stories.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

LOL!

You're funny man.

Yes, I am working on my HOF project. I have three weeks to meet my deadline and I am writing and compiling.

I will have a post up tonight, though.  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Lies!  It lies to us, Prescious!

Character sheet

tomcat

Yea, I sort of told an untruth last night.

After our shows, last night, my wife gave me that look...and well, as men here, I hope we are all understanding and would extend a gaming pass.

[<

Telcontar

For it is the doom of men that they forget...
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

It's gonna be tomorrow guys - not for any other reason than I have nothing. I can't think of a thing at the moment to start this next scene up - especially with the PC's coming to different conclusions on  what to do. The Noldo asks how to find the wolf's lair and the man says that's not the best course.

Give me until tomorrow - I have a lot of mechanics in my brain, right now.

Eclecticon

So, just a quick recap now that HOF is out - we have a werewolf spirit thingo on the loose, but we know it hates elven lamps.  There's a big one of those (probably) in Woodmen-Town, which Arbogast is keen that the Werewolf not become any more interested in.  Fortunately, we have some smaller ones here that Moriruse is figuring out how to turn on and off, in case we need to do tech-support things to them.  Hopefully we can use those to lure it into the Mountains of Mirkwood, from whence it came, and bury it in a hole somewhere.  That might hold it until we figure out something more permanent to do with it. 

Questions?  Comments?

Character sheet

Telcontar

The werewolf is attracted to all the lights, but does have a level of inteligence. It knows it can not break into the elven caves, though it tried. The beast has also felt the draw of the lamp of Blathi. While it hates the lamps it also knows deep hunger to feed and it's range is pretty expansive. The Wood Elves stumbled on its trail, and it attacked them again out of revenge.

We can assume the following:
It hates us personally
It hates the lamps
It ranges far and wide
It reforms quickly

Using the lamps and its hatred for us we can probably lure it somewhere or we go where it lives and slay it. The later seems more epic saga worthy.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Well like most creatures of the shadow it both fears and desires the light so to consume it.  Our issue of course is how to destroy the fell spirit of the creature.  I ain't afraid of no ghost but we need the Ghostbusters
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16