• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 02:27 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Dec 12, 2016, 06:55 PMI am also starting to think that this game shines as a PBEM but would be kinda eh at the table. Of course I am perhaps soured by the group we have here.

I just started GM'ing a tabletop campaign for TOR - and it has proven thus far to be fun. But I have found that ANY game is better as a PBEM or PBP. Granted, it can take a long time to play through, but the best evolved characters I have ever seen are those that were in this kind of game format. I have never been able to achieve the character dimension, cinematic feel, or dialogue over a table.

I miss gathering around with friends; I miss actually rolling real dice; I miss how things can be accomplished faster - but the stories, and player performance, have never been as good.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I still think we should wait for something epic and set up a google hangout and do this live.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

That would be cool, but Paul is on the other side of the world. We'd have to find a convenient early morning/later evening time.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

For an appropriately epic occasion, I'll stay up pretty late.  I once kept my players up until a quarter past one to finish the climax of an Unknown Armies game. 

Of course, I then gave them all commemorative t-shirts, so that kinda took the sting out. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Happy Birthday, Tom!  :>

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Hi all.  I'm about to head up to the beach for a week, to drink beer and watch the storms roll in over the Pacific.  I'll be checking in whenever I can, but I'm not sure what the reception's going to be like.  Doug, feel free to roll for Arbogast if you need to - assume he'll defend the others as best he can, including by Rallying them if the injuries start to pile up. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Enjoy your holiday, Paul!

disench4nted

I'm also headed to a beach for a week starting tomorrow. I do not know what kind of internet access I'll have, and I haven't even fully decided if I'm bringing a computer.

So I won't be reliably posting until the New Year. Happy Holidays everybody! I hope you all drink plenty of eggnog and have lots of presents under your trees!

Eclecticon

Meanwhile, I'm back - freshly tanned and rested. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Well, I will try and get something up here soon because we're in the midst of combat, but it might be quiet until Monday.

GandalfOfBorg

I'm heading home for the holidays but will be around.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Christmas/Yule/Big Fucking Tree Day is in one hour, 35 minutes my time.  Have a great day, everyone. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

What? No updates on NYE?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

LOL! No, sorry - we were a tad bit busy with family stuff.

There will be one tonight or tomorrow, though!  :>  :-B  (>d