• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:12 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Sep 29, 2016, 01:59 PM #510 Last Edit: Sep 29, 2016, 02:34 PM by Eclecticon
Okay, your interest is definitely noted.  However, in my own paltry 25 years of GMing I have found that nothing sinks a good game faster than talking about other good games you'd like to play.  At least, doing so around the table seems to be a no-no.  Perhaps we could move this discussion to another location?

In the meantime:

Quote from: Eclecticon on Sep 20, 2016, 08:12 PM"With your leave, I will go to Rhosgobel and seek the counsel of Radaghast.  It may be that he knows what ails the Maiden of the Tarn, and what may be done." 

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Sep 21, 2016, 06:47 AM"It will be mine then, Old Bear" he almost protested and padded off, leaving his elder atop the Carrock.

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 25, 2016, 03:44 AMNo need to respond personally to my letter, the word of an assembling Folk Moot will be answer enough.

Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Still working on my post.

It will be up tomorrow after I get back from the Renfest.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

... Doug?

Would it help kick things off if I rolled a quick journey to get Esgalwen and Arbogast to Rhosgobel? 

Character sheet

tomcat

Oct 06, 2016, 03:31 PM #513 Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 03:35 PM by tomcat
No, not necessary.

I have all my notes written. I am just trying to find time to sit down and write. Crazy weekend with the Renfest and now we have belt testing for Taekwondo.

I should have another post up tonight.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Swanky duds!  And good luck with your belt testing (collectively as a school, if you yourself aren't grading).  I'm helping to train up some of my school's newest students for their first grading at the moment - well aware that the head of the school will be using their performance as an indication of the senior students' understanding of the basics of the style. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Doug,
 Is that a stock photo?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

I just had to mid-term this testing cycle. Last night, we went through all the pressure points and hand-to-hand melee stuff.

Next testing, I will test for my 1st degree black belt.

What do you mean by stock, Tom? That is me in my Ren garb, although the pic is from last year. I didn't get any pics of me this year, but my duds didn't change much.

tomcat

Actually, I did change it up a little this year - I went to the fabric store and bought a burgundy sash.

Telcontar

Stock as in I had seen the picture before and it wasnt recent. Like stock footage.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Just a heads-up: work is going to be really frantic until the end of the month.  I'll keep following the game, but my replies might be a little slower, and on the short side. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Have we established who the elder of Rhosgobel is? I was looking at the entry in the book when I wrote my post about going to the hall and there is a High Seat in the Hall for the elder, and one below it for the Wizard. So according to the Setting someone other than Radagast is the "Lord" of the settlement, someone numbered among the Woodmen. Seems like an NPC vacancy that we need to fill.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Tom, I give you the honor of naming him and giving us the details on him. ;D

Eclecticon

Canonically, I think the Woodmen settlements are governed by a council of elders.  So it's probably a 'them' - though one might be in charge of the day-to-day, non-crisis decision-making. 

I'm going to try to get a post up later today, just a bit flat-strapped. 

And overly fond of hyphens. 

Character sheet

disench4nted

Hey guys, I have been moving into a house this weekend and have forgotten to update you all. I'll be back to post on Monday.

Eclecticon

Jeez, I hope it goes alright.  Moving is the suck.

Character sheet