• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Come on, Matt, you know nothing passes through a committee that quickly!

The TOR Bureaucracy has many desks and everything has to pass over each and gain acceptance.   ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Hokey pete! I'm away for a week and look at what you've done!!

I'm still getting hammered at work, but I'm going to attempt to do some back posts later today to two folks that interacted with me, and maybe with Arbogast.

Regarding the tone of this story so far, like all the games that I've seen you guys lead, it's been awesome! I would agree that adventuring in the Wilderlands does seem a bit more "greyish" in the good vs bad... I think that's partly because TOR is a bit of a product of our own culture/time and wasn't created by people who all share the same worldview as Tolkien.

I feel confident that you guys will lead/write this well... so far so good!  :tup:

Peace,
Ayrn

disench4nted

This is Rorin's advancement:

War hammer 3 -> 4: 10 XP
Battle 1 ->2: 8 AP
Awareness 1->2: 8 AP

tomcat

Cool, disench4nted -

I am updating your sheet and stat block.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Do you guys like the layout of the TOR profiler sheet?

I am still wrestling with it.

Would it be better to have checkboxes to check off as you use hope, or if Encumbrance goes up and changes Fatigue?

Let me know - making changes is VERY easy.

Eclecticon

Speaking only for myself, I'm fine without checkboxes for hope, fatigue etc.  If we could replace the existing checkboxes with something more visually akin to the dots on the published character sheet, that'd be nice, but it's gravy - hardly necessary. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Hey Paul,

Yea - that is where I am stumped in my novice PhP writing skills. I do not know how to create a radio button type, thus the checkboxes.

tomcat

Scratch that!

Figured it out! LOL!

Eclecticon

Cool! 

Also - go to bed!  I can see the time where you are and it's making me feel sleepy! 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

I have Bob Cratchet on a strict schedule, dont coddle him.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Hey guys, yeah I figured out how to make radio buttons on the character sheet - but I did not figure out how to turn them off once they're on. Anyway, give me some time to work through the code. Otherwise we're going to have to go back to the check boxes.

tomcat

Hey Paul,

It is with great disappointment that I have to go back to checkboxes on our PC sheets. I agree with you, they look much better as radio buttons, but unfortunately the coding gets crazy for each button to make it singular (not tied to an option i.e. male or female), and then give it a value as on or off.

Anyway, I will be changing them back to checkboxes tonight. Sorry! It was a nice look to it, but it just is a coding nightmare to do it.

tomcat

Hey guys,

With the RPG Profiler TOR sheet being all but complete - meaning I have no more changes planned and am happy with the layout - I think I will be dumping the CHARACTER STAT BLOCK thread for the TOR PC's. The only thing I have to do to it is restore the checkboxes, which I will do once I get home from the office.

If someone has a reason for me to keep the stat blocks, please let me know, but otherwise we will go to one location for character maintenance.

Posterboy

Hey guys,

So, I've been hit with some family drama here. One of my wife's family members made a phone call to the Children's Aid Society (I don't know what you call it in the States... Child Protection Services?) with concerns that our children were being neglected, were out-of-control, and were falling behind... and that my wife was overwhelmed and I am absent.

The good news is our visit with the social worker went great, they felt that the concerns were either of no concern or were being adequately addressed, that we're doing great as a family, and "running a tight ship".  :)

The bad news is we're trying to deal with the fall-out of this report coming from one of my wife's sisters or her parents (or both maybe). Needless to say, my wife is deeply wounded (as am I). I'm going to need to take a break for the next week (at least) in order to deal with this matter. I'll try to keep you guys updated. I know you all understand how RL takes precedent, but I'm sad to step out at this moment in our story (SO GOOD) because of Esgalwen's part in it. (Thanks, Doug and Telcontar, for weaving Esgalwen's backstory into this adventure... it is definitely memorable!)

Anyway, I wanted to give you sitrep of what's up.
Peace,
Ayrn

Bandobras

Aryn,

I am truly sorry you, your wife, and your kids have been put in that situation. I can't imagine what you are going through. We will miss you and Esgalwen while you take care of business, but take as long as you need. The game will be here when you return.

Jamie