• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 03:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Snipers on high - round 4

Started by tomcat, Nov 02, 2011, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

Brim could feel the adrenaline begin to pump his blood more quickly to his muscles, felt his hand tighten slightly around the grip of his weapon. The hunt was afoot, and the Rodian was ready. Moving alongside the beast, Brim attempted to run his lightsaber along the length of the creature's body, ending near it's hind side.

:ooc:Actions for this round:

Swift Action: Part 2 of 2 to move a step up the condition track (Shake It Off)
Standard Action: Attack Nexu #1 (the one trying to engage Brim in melee)
Move Action: Without creating attacks of opportunity, move in such away so as to be behind the Nexu... if need be, using running attack to accomplish it.
Brim will also be using Dodge against the Nexu with whom he is engaged in melee combat

Attack Roll against Nexu: 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

Lightsaber Damage, if attack succeeds: 2d8+4 : 5, 4 + 4, total 13

Should the Nexu succeed in attacking Brim, he'll use Block to attempt to negate the attack... UtF (Block) Check: 1d20+14 : 11 + 14, total 25

donimator

Sam spots the blind and moves up to fire, switching to autofire as he does. Fett jumps ahead as Sam sights the target area.

Sam's actions
Swift: Switch to Autofire
Move: Move towards blind
Standard: Autofire attack
:00: DC16 Slugthrower +9, PB Range +1, Autofire -5, Cover -2
Slugthrower +3:  1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15

Dmg, if hit 2d8+4:  2d8+4 : 7, 3 + 4, total 14

donimator

:ooc: I'll use a Force Point to hit if I had that DC right (and the other mods).
Force Point:  1d6 : 6, total 6

Telcontar

:ooc: As the nexu closes on me and attacks I am going to makashi riposte. He missed but it makes it a DC 9 I believe to use the skill.

DC 9 Riposte
Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18

Damge if successful (halved if not) :
Rolled 2d8+1 : 7, 4 + 1, total 12

Farok's Turn: Attack with Lightsaber
Rolled 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13

DMG
Rolled 2d8+1 : 3, 3 + 1, total 7

Farok sensed the creature approaching him even though he couldn't see the beast through the ground growth. He was glad to know that despite the fact that he wasn't accustomed to the jungle he wasn't completely helpless. He watched the creature close in on him and took his makashi stance. The fighting style came easier to him than the others since he was short one arm. He would never be considered elegant in this or any other fighting style, but Farok was an effect over form kind of fighter. The creature emerged from the brush and the debris shield he had been using against the snipers dropped beside him. The claws of the beast lashed out him and he deftly riposted them to use the creatures attack to make one of his own and then slide into another stance to make an attack of his own.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 06, 2011, 04:46 PM
:ooc: Jingo, the damage isn't fantastic but at least it affects both snipers at once. I am also going to start keeping track of your amunition consumption. It will be shown at the top of each combat round with the situation description listed as a fraction consumed/total availabe - so:

Logar 20/50
Kaida 10/50

:ooc: I thought I did a single aimed shot... or is this gun an auto-fire one only?
Btw, I'm out on a work trip all week so may have delayed postings.

sdrotar

Nov 09, 2011, 12:57 PM #20 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2011, 01:01 PM by sdrotar
As Brim engaged the beast, Caden turned and fired at its flank.

:arrow: Attack Roll vs. Nexu 1 (Edit: forgot -2 Condition)
Rolled 1d20+5 : 9 + 5, total 14

:arrow: Damage if successful:
Rolled 3d8+3 : 6, 3, 8 + 3, total 20

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Hey everyone, sorry for how disjointed this round has been and the lack of my posts over the last week. I have been dealing with some illness issues that just won't let go. Nothing major or threatening, but just fever and aches and absolute weariness - not sure if I am overdoing things or not with how busy life has become with the new baby, but still... it has had me dragging ass and only wanting to hit the pillow. Hell, I bought Battlefield 3 and have only been on multi-play once, so something is defintitely wrong!

Anyway, this thread and round will be updated today and finalized. New round 5 will be added, and all of your questions or comments will be replied to.

Ciao for a bit...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, before I carry on the story into the next round, I want to re-clarify this round based on your posts, questions, and comments:

Starting at the top...

1) The bad guys all missed save 1 who delivered 8 damage to Logar.
2) Logar fired and delivered 8 points of damage to both Gran snipers - 10/50 rounds consumed
3) Kaida fired and hit Gran sniper number 1 for 7 damage - 1/50 rounds consumed. Yea, Jingo, I saw that you did fire once. You have two blasters on your stat block - a carbine (fires S/A) and a light repeating blaster which is autofire only. I assumed you aim autofired with either blaster, but then I read it more closely. No problem, damage to enemies and consumption has been reduced.
4) Fett fired and did damage of 14 on both Gran snipers
5) Brim attacked and did 13 damage on Nexu 1
6) Sam fired and did 7 damage on both Gran snipers - never knew the slugthrower was autofire capable! Snipers both are dropped unconscious
7) Farok attacks and does 12 damage to Nexu 3 with Mikashi Riposte; standard attack missed
8) Caden fired and missed

Starting the thread for Round 5.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]