• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:41 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Malastare

Started by tomcat, Sep 24, 2011, 09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 28, 2011, 05:50 PM
:ooc: Hey Jingo, reroll your Endurance because you rolled a d2, but what did you mean by the Perception negative not applied?

Doh! Sorry Doug. I meant I didn't apply the -5 negative on perception due to foliage.

Ok, here's the re-roll. Hope it works this time.  :]
Endurance Reroll 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24

Jingo

:ooc: Yess!  ;D She had her Wheaties in the morning that's for sure!

watanabe

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
:ooc: Yess!  ;D She had her Wheaties in the morning that's for sure!

:ooc: lol, now remember to treat that dice well and point at your other dice and tell them they will receive the same treatment if they do the same thing.

If they roll a 1, it's into the freezer for a week.  If they come out and roll a 1 again, its time for the hammer.

tomcat

:ooc: Post coming shortly... putting my son to bed.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Oct 01, 2011, 06:56 PM #34 Last Edit: Oct 01, 2011, 06:57 PM by sdrotar
 :00:Caden's Endurance check
DC 15 Endurance +4
Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7

:00:Caden's Perception check
DC varied Perception +9, foliage penalty -5
Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

sdrotar

Quote from: sdrotar on Oct 01, 2011, 06:56 PM
:00:Caden's Endurance check
DC 15 Endurance +4
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7

:00:Caden's Perception check
DC varied Perception +9, foliage penalty -5
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5

:ooc: Holy cow. That's just embarrassing. Maybe that's why we left him in the ship last time.  :(
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: My PC has been slammed with some kind of virus, or something that I have been dealing with since last night. I am writing this from my tablet. I will hopefully have a game update tonight. If not, it will have to wait until tomorrow from my office.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry again, guys, for the delay. I will have a post up tomorrow without fail. My PC freaked out and a bunch of Windows stuff just disappeared (internet explorer), or became non-functional (paint, wordpad, etc.), and my media player locks up as soon as I want to edit any of my music library. No idea what it might be... so, I think I am going to go and get a new hard-drive tomorrow and re-install windows, or maybe get a brand new PC... we shall see. I kind of prefer the latter, but a SATA drive is only $50 where a new tower is $400.

I am using Chrome right now to get to my site and be able to post normally, but unfortunately it is late and I am mentally drained.

I will talk to you all tomorrow with the results of the tests.

tomcat

:ooc: Bought a new PC... that'll ix things!

Okay, time to get things moving here.

First, to answer a few questions:

Quote from: watanabeAnything on the ship need fixing?    I might try some maintenance if I can do so, while keeping track of the group.

Hey Nick, I will come up with some stuff for you to do at the ship. Kara may have to deal with the ship starting to sink into the bog... does she have the Force to lift it out?  ;)  No... with you not moving with the party, I will have to put together some interesting story for you.

The results of the rolls:

Endurance check
BRIM - FAIL moved down 1 step on the CT (-1 penalty to all rolls)
FAROK - SUCCESS
FETT - SUCCESS
SAM - FAIL used up 16 hours of his available power, has 84 hours left
LOGAR - SUCCESS
KAIDA - SUCCESS
CADEN - DISASTROUS FAIL moved down 2 step on the CT (-2 penalty to all rolls)

Perception check
This check actually worked over three rounds. I took 10 on the first two Perception tests against the take 10 stealth rolls of the Nexu for the following results:

Rounds 1 and 2:
Nexu stealth result 10 + 2 + 12 = 24

versus

Brim Perception result 10 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 9 FAIL
Caden Perception result 10 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 9 FAIL
Farok Perception result 10 + 11 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 11 FAIL
Fett Perception result 10 + 11 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 11 FAIL
Kaida Perception result 10 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 9 FAIL
Logar Perception result 10 + 10 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 10 FAIL
Sam Perception result 10 + 12 (rank) - 5 (concealment) - 5 (distance over 10 squares) = 12 FAIL

So, the Nexu were able to advance on the party quite stealthily. But for the final round, the rolls were applied and here are the results:

Rounds 1 and 2:
Nexu stealth result 2 + 12 + roll = 24, 21, 18

versus

Brim Perception result 17 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 21 (notices Nexu 2 and 3)
Caden Perception result 1 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 10 FAIL
Farok Perception result 2 + 11 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 8 FAIL
Fett Perception result 16 + 11 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 22 (notices Nexu 2 and 3)
Kaida Perception result 2 + 9 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 6 FAIL
Logar Perception result 12+ 10 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 17 FAIL
Sam Perception result 7 + 12 (rank) - 5 (concealment) = 14 FAIL

Brim and Fett are the only ones that will not be caught flat-footed this round for Surprise. Nexu 1 will get the first attack on whichever PC I determine and 2 and 3 can, too, unless Brim or Fett use a Swift action to warn of the potential threat. They may only warn the others of the threat if they get the initiative over Nexu 2 and 3. After round 1, we will go into standard initiative, so I will roll your initiative rolls when I post the round.