• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:50 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Episode 4: Seeds of Dissent

Started by tomcat, Feb 03, 2011, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The Aegis' now empty hold on the lower deck became the staging area. While three-dimensional holo-images still flickered a deck above them, just before the bridge, the crew set to work here preparring the equipment for the mission. It seem to have come to a consensus that Britton's plan would be put in motion. Two teams entering the prison with different objectives, while the Aegis was to be on stand-by for extraction and aerial support. Brim set down the field pack that contained multiple items of use. It was not a bad plan at all, and if all went well, it would work. But all had to go well. Sam's commentary had pointed out it left nothing for error.

Around the Rodian, on the floor, was a series of items. All members of the crew had their own personal weapons, but there was other items that were available, and some that were needed. Sam had modified a set of pallets into a workbench and was even now attempting to fabricate charges that might breach a wall or door. There was also a welding torch that Britton had requested, which the droid would attempt to modify so that it could be easily carried on the back.

The gear consisted of grenades, synthrope, medpacs, glowrods, binder cuffs, commlinks, a pocket scrambler, and weapon power packs.

It would be Sam, Britton and Logar'Dan that would lead the mission into the prison, with Brim and Kaida following them close behind. The second team would be there to support the first, and also to try and take control of the prison facilities administrative computer system. If they could grab the control room, they could keep tabs on the whole building... hypothetically.

Sam lifted the small metal box he had taken out of storage and packed into it the putty that he had mixed with chemicals from the engineering room. It was the same chemical makeup of detonite, but mixed with starship superstructure putty - a putty that was used in times of micrometeorite damages. It should have the same explosive result when a current was run through it. With the box packed tight with the thick putty, Sam ran the leads. When he was complete, he would connect the leads to a battery pack with a timer. It would be crude, but it should work... well, at least the droid hoped it would work.

The Aegis had completed its final distance along the Hydian Way. Even now, Caden was on the bridge plotting the last jump to Tantau - a jump that would take them off any beaten spacelane.

:ooc: I would like Sam to roll a Mechanics test. I am not going to give you the DC because I don't want you guys to know if it worked or not... you'll have to find out when the time comes.  >:D

I will say, it will be a scale - from dud to varying degrees of explosive.

If I have anything wrong with the plan, you guys can let me know or re-develop it as you go. I reproduced it here, only to make sure I had the plan laid out in my head.

Continue to RP here as you'd like, but I will be starting a new thread. Also, I added the prison map to the drop-down above.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Sam did not forget the mission ahead, but the time spent working with his hand appendages was a welcome distraction. He had the schematics and mission plans loaded into memory and was still processing variables and contingencies on a separate thread, but that data was logged for later use. It did not concern him now. Even though he was creating implements of destruction, the tinkering and scrounging reminded him of home, his original master's home.

He stopped his remembrance and ran an internal diagnostic. He had missed discharging his static by almost a full second. This putty was generally stable, but there was no sense taking chances. Hopefully the component analysis was correct and this would explode with some force.

Sam's Mechanic's checks
Mechanics +17
Check for explosives -
Rolled 1d20+17 : 8 + 17, total 25

(if needed) Check for welding torch mods -
Rolled 1d20+17 : 1 + 17, total 18
[/color]

tomcat

:ooc: I don't need the test on making the torches more mobile... and we certainly don't want to use that Nat 1 roll.  ':}
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Britton wandered around checking on everyone's preperations and to see if they needed any help. He found his way over to where the droid was working and watched him a moment.

"Sam, I had a thought and wanted your advice on the possability of it, not a raw number precentage. Well anyway, do you thinkn that with the portable welder we would be able in relatively quick time weld some doors shut so that they couldnt be opened right away. I was thinking of the doors that lead to the stairs and the doors of the barracks that open onto the hallway. I dont want them to be able to rush out of there and mass on us."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

watanabe

Kara sat snoozing in her bunk with a bottle with the door closed and locked.  Her preparation was just to be ready to fly.

Telcontar

:ooc: I am going to look at the maps again Tomcat, and I'll give you a run down of the final plan we can tweak it were necessary and then hit the prison.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Brim stood not too far away from Britton and Sam, and easily overheard their conversation. He looked at the gear, weapons, and the welding torch that Sam was yet to modify to make it easier to carry into the prison. He thought about what Britton asked and then it struck him like a metor. The Rodian slapped his palm to his forehead. "I will be right back!" he called out as he ran from the cargo hold up to his bunkroom. He grabbed the long elegant weapon that he had forgotten laid there, and then returned to his companions.

Britton watched as Brim approached, breathing a bit hard from his quick dash. The soldier jumped a bit as the snap-hiss of the lightsaber was heard and a glowing green blade stretched from the hilt. "I fogot I had it! This should do everything that the torch should do, correct?"

Telcontar

Britton smiled, "havoc in the palm of your hand. Sweet!"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear